-->

The World’s Yummiest Cookie – Omnom’s


I think I have made it pretty clear by now that I like to keep things simple, and this recipe is the simplest thing ever.  It is the quintessential Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.  It goes great with milk.  It goes great with tea (Earl Grey is my favourite pairing).  It goes well with hot chocolate.  It goes well with a blanket and fuzzy slippers.  It goes well with a rainy day, or a snowy day.  It works in spring, summer, fall and winter.  If I take these cookies to work they're the first thing to disappear.  When I share them with family and friends, everyone tells me I should quit my day job and sell cookies for a living.

Ingredients:
  • -2 Cups all-purpose flour
  • -1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • -1/2 teaspoon salt
  • -3/4 cup unsalted butter – melted
  • -1 cup packed brown sugar
  • -1/2 cup white sugar
  • -1 tablespoon vanilla extract – (Or two Tablespoons.  Whichever works really.  I like my cookies very vanilla flavoured so I often go with 2 tablespoons)
  • -1 egg – room temperature**
  • -1 egg yolk – room temperature**
  • -1 cups semisweet chocolate chips – (or any other kind of chocolaty candy, or even dried fruit etc.)

The How To:
Preheat Oven to 325° F (165°C)
Step 1:  Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.
Step 2:  Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a medium sized bowl until well blended.  Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until creamy.
Step 3:  Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended.  Fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 4:  Scoop dough in 1/4 cup amounts and roll into balls.  Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, roughly 3″ apart.  These cookies spread A LOT.
Step 5:  Bake for 15 – 17 minutes (I often find 16 minutes to be the magic number), then cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Pour yourself a glass of milk, or brew yourself a cup of tea.
And bask in the soft, chewy bliss of this cookie.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel